Heidi was born and raised in Oklahoma and married her high school sweetheart (who just thought he could get away). They have two sons—the oldest has high-functioning autism and the youngest is still living at home and filling her days with great conversations (seriously, he’s so stinkin’ smart) and lots and lots of baseball.
A little trivia:
- I was a Rotary exchange student after high school and lived one year in Belgium.
- I almost majored in music but decided I didn’t have the patience for teaching.
- My favorite genres to read are paranormal, historical (any era), gothic, and young adult.
- I prefer cats over dogs (but for some strange reason, dogs seem to love me) and always dreamed of having my own horse. Needless to say, I’m still dreaming.
- I have three younger sisters (my poor father) who are incredibly talented.
- Some of my favorite authors are: Christine Feehan, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Darynda Jones, Dannika Dark, and Kate Carlisle (but I have so many, many more).