I was the type of kid who, if my parents mentioned the word ‘trip’, I was already sitting in the car with my bag of books. Now, trips are a little different. I still pack several books, but I rarely read them on the drive because that’s when I write. I lose myself in the story while my husband (we’ll call him Super Dave) drives. Of course, if we’re blazing new territory, I have to stare at the scenery because I might miss something amazing.
I write historical western, fun, World War II laced with magical realism, and sexy paranormals with a hint of mystery. I hope my stories make you laugh out loud, think outside the box, or cry through a box of tissues along with my characters.
I was born and raised in Oklahoma and always had a book in my hand. My parents were always reading as well (and still spend more money on books than anything else). I was around ten when my mother handed me The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogy, which I’ve read so many times my copies fell apart. When I was twelve, my father gave me Sitka by Louis L’Amour and I read every book he ever wrote.
I still live in Central Oklahoma with my husband and youngest son while he attends college. My oldest son is in the autism spectrum and is working hard to achieve his own dreams.
A Little Trivia
- I was a Rotary exchange student after high school and lived one year in Belgium.
- I almost majored in music but decided I didn’t have the patience for teaching.
- My favorite genres to read are paranormal, historical (any era), gothic, and young adult.
- I prefer cats over dogs (but for some strange reason, dogs seem to love me) and always dreamed of having my own horse. Needless to say, I’m still dreaming.
- I have three younger sisters (my poor father) who are incredibly talented.
- Some of my favorite authors are: Christine Feehan, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Darynda Jones, Dannika Dark, and Kate Carlisle (but I have so many, many more).